Game-changer Mortal Kombat 1 Patch 0.122: Addressed Player 1 Advantage Issue, Character Balancing and More
- Oct 02, 2023
NetherRealm Studios has rolled out the much-anticipated MK1 0.122 update, effectively eliminating Player 1's upper hand and introducing a multitude of character-focused amendments.
Mortal Kombat 1 fans were pleasantly surprised by the discernible oddity they discovered while playing online - Player 1 seemingly had an unfair prevalence. In light of this, Player 2 had a larger hitbox and was less effective in dealing damage, while Player 1 could perform combination attacks that their adversary couldn't execute.
Originally, this patch was set to be released in late September but was delayed due to unforeseen hurdles. To the joy of MK1 players, the update is now available for download.
The latest MK1 0.122 patch addresses the issue with the P1 advantage
Apart from settling the unfair advantage of P1, the update released on October 2 also entails several balance amendments exclusive to particular fighters.
The harmonization bestowed on some specific moves in relation to the enemy's parry attempts received a special focus. In a noteworthy instance, Kung Lao's Knee Buckle attack could now be parried high by the players. However, Raiden is immune to high parrying during his Electric Fly and (Air) Electric Fly moves.
Here are the Mortal Kombat 1's 0.122 patch notes:
- Improvements for General Gameplay:
- Localization issues rectified
- Amended moves list
- Resolved a bug causing Player 2 to intensify their push against their opponent during particular combo sequences
- Fixed a glitch causing buffered Kombo Attacks Strings & pre-set 2in1-cancelled non-Enhanced Special Moves to not execute if a Kameo Ambush attack can be abandoned or branched was deployed with specific timing
- A problem causing several strikes of Stryker’s & Sektor’s to be indestructible has been fixed
Adjustments Specific to Characters:
- The bug causing details of Crushing Knee's attack (Towards + Back Kick) to bypass opponents while striking has been fixed for Ashrah
- Goro's Stomp (Kameo) has now assumed higher priority in case it and his companion’s attacks hit at the same time
- Havik’s Decaying Guard (Back Punch, Front Punch) & Flesh Wound (Back Punch, Back Punch) no longer auto faces
- In the case of Jax (Kameo), Ground Pound is now of higher priority if it & his partner’s attacks hit simultaneously
- Kung Lao's Kung-Kussion now auto faces when performed on landing after jumping over an opponent
- Time Stop has been fixed to no longer be replicated by an opponent hit by Mimic Ice Klone & Ice Ball used by Shujinko (Kameo)
- Issues with the not functioning properly against high-parry special moves have been resolved for several characters. This includes changes to high parrying for various moves by Ashrah, Baraka, General Shao, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sindel, and Tanya. Conversely, certain attacks by Kung Lao, Nitara, Raiden, Rain, Reptile, and Sub-zero can no longer be high-parried.