Don't Starve: Pocket Edition
- Aug 10, 2021
In this game, you play as a character who was transported to a mysterious world with several new features. You will have to survive as long as possible here. To do that, you should gather food, build a shelter, fight with monsters and so on. The game is very unusual but very interesting. The gameplay is totally different from other games and apps. It's very interesting to gather food, build a shelter and explore the world.
Don't Starve: Pocket Edition graphics are 2D and look like they were drawn by pencil, but that is what gives the game its atmosphere and eeriness. The game has been developed by the independent studio Klei Entertainment, who have also created other games with similar graphics, such as Eets and Shank. Don't Starve: Pocket Edition graphics are not the best, but they are appropriate to the game and help create the atmosphere.
Don't Starve: Pocket Edition replayability is quite good. I've beaten the game twice, once with each character. The first time I beat it, I was quite surprised to see that, even though I knew all the recipes, the game was still challenging. This was the case with Wilson, and it was even more evident with the other two characters. I enjoyed playing again and again with the same character, and eventually, I did beat the "end boss". And once I got there, the game was still challenging.
Don't Starve: Pocket Edition controls are simple and easy to learn. The game doesn't focus on mechanical skills, but rather on strategy and quick thinking. There are no combos like in Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, but there is a certain level of memorization of the controls and a short list of combos.
The entire game controls are made up of the following:
- Move with the controls on the opposite side of the screen.
- Interact with stuff by tapping on it.
- Open inventory by tapping the backpack icon on the right side of the screen.
- See character stats by tapping on the hat icon on the top of the screen (can be customized to other options).
- Cancel actions by tapping the screen anywhere except for the inventory.
- Open the pause menu by tapping the cog icon on the top right side of the screen
Don't Starve: Pocket Edition is a really good game. I highly recommend it to all who like horror games, survival games, exploration games, open-world games, and adventure games.
- The game is compatible with all devices
- The game is free and no in-app purchases
- The game contains a very interesting plot
- The game contains a huge number of various quests
- It has only the singleplayer mode
- It has only one save slot